These are some of the most common worries that singles express about their love life, and that you might share:
- My boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with me and I can’t get over it.
- After my last relationship breakup, I’ve lost my confidence in myself.
- I can’t seem to meet anyone and wonder if I ever will. I’m running out of time.
- I can’t sustain a long-term relationship and wonder if there’s something wrong with me.
- I want to stop seeing someone but don’t know how to end it.
- I’m falling in love with this guy/girl but don’t think they feel the same way.
- I feel so much pressure from others to be in a relationship. Is it okay to stay single?
- I’m dating someone but I think they are cheating on me.
- I’m dating someone but think he/she has an addiction.
If you are struggling in any of these areas or have other concerns, counseling can help you sort through your thoughts and feelings, identify your relationship behaviors, hopes and fears, break unproductive dating patterns, heal from loss or broken trust and gain clarity to move forward.